You are currently browsing the monthly archive for February 2011.
Sometimes, it takes a break from the routines to appreciate what you’ve got in your life. We took our second family trip down to Sarasota, and the home of Eli’s late great-grandparents.
A few highlights from the weekend:
- Eli falling asleep in my lap on the airplane down. It was the power of Baby Einstein on my laptop. I swear, those videos are like a drug for toddlers
- The eggplant parmesan from Caragiulous restaurant in downtown Sarasota
- Visiting the retirement community of our Aunt Irene, and watching the residents light up at the sight of Eli
- Watching the Super Bowl at a sports bar with Eli; him wreaking havoc on everyone and everything in the pub
- Our walks on the beach, and the look on Eli’s face the first time he put his feet in the sand….totally confused and frozen in place for about 10 minutes.
- The look on Eli’s face the first time he ate the sand
- The pure love he had for his beach pail and shovel
- Being together without distraction for a few days
This is a little video for us to remember the weekend and to capture that bond between Eli and his pail. When we got home to Ithaca, he was still carrying that thing with him wherever he went.